In this post, we are going to see some of the best programming books category wise. I know reading books can be harder compared to watching a video lecture.
But if you want to know that subject matter in-depth you need a book for that.
Best programming books on Data Structures and Algorithms
1.Introduction to Algorithms(CLRS ALGORITHMS)
This is book is written by Cormen, Leiserson, Rivest, Stein(CLRS). If you are getting started with algorithms this book is great for you because it is very easy to follow and very intriguing.
- Uses pseudocode to explain things which means it’s not any language-specific.
- This book is used by many big universities as a reference book.
- Every Chapter focuses on an algorithm and discusses its design techniques and areas of application
2. Data Structures and Algorithms Made Easy(By- Narasimha Karumanchi)
This book is written by Narasimha Karumanchi. It covers both data structures and algorithms.
- Language followed is C/C++
- Every Concept explained with detailed examples.
- Mostly used by CS students.
3.Algorithms in C (by Robert Sedgewick)
This book is written by Robert Sedgewick. It covers both data structures and algorithms. This book is a little bit harder to follow but the content is very detailed and in-depth.
- It has over 1000 exercises to help you learn the properties of algorithms
- Expanded coverage of arrays, linked lists, strings, trees, and other basic data structures
- Algorithms and data structures are expressed in concise implementations in C
4.Algorithm design manual (by Steven Skiena)
This book is written by Steven Skiena. This book is 752 pages long and explanations are a little bit tough to follow. This book is surely not for beginners. It covers both data structures and algorithms.
- Detailed Explanation of every concept
- Focuses on the practical aspects of algorithm design
- It is essential for scientists, engineers, and any professionals who aim to upgrade their skills to the next level.
- Examples are given in C language
This book is written by Marijn Haverbeke. This book is only 472 pages long and the content it carries is best for beginners.
- Good for beginners
- Easy to follow
- It also gives a little introduction to Node.js
- Easy to understand
- This book helps to understand tough concepts through unique illustrations
- Both for beginners and intermediate programmers
4. You Don’t Know JS(By Kyle Simpson)
- For expereinced programmers.
- In-depth guide for JS
- 6 volume of books for every JS Concept
- 2,000 lines of sample code break it all down into easy-to-learn chunks
- Master each chapter with interactive exercises
- For intermediate programmers
Best programming books on Python
1. Learn Python 3 the Hard Way (by Zed Shaw)
This book is written by Zed Shaw. The title says it is the hard way to learn to write
code but its actually not.
- Best book to learn Python 3 for beginner
- Forces you to do it’s excercise which help you become better programmer
- Harder concepts are taught in easy to understand way
2. Python Cookbook (By Brian Jones, David Beazley)
This book is written by Brian Jones, David Beazley. If you need help writing programs in Python 3 or want to update the older Python 2 code, this book is just the ticket. Each recipe contains code samples you can use in your projects right away
- In-dept guide for Python 3
- For intermediate programmers
3.Introduction to Machine Learning with Python( Andreas C. Müller and Sarah Guido)
This book is written by Andreas C. Müller and Sarah Guido. This book is for someone who wants to start their carrier in Machine learning with Python. You’ll learn the steps necessary to create a successful machine-learning application with Python and the scikit-learn library.
- Best book to learn ML with Python
- Learn Fundamental concepts and applications of machine learning
- It also covers Advantages and shortcomings of widely used machine learning algorithms
4.Automate the Boring Stuff with Python(Al Sweigart)
This book is written by Al Sweigart. If you want to get started with automation than this book is for you.
- The only book to consider if want to learn automation with python
- Teaches how to Search the Web and download online content
- Teaches how to Update and format data in Excel spreadsheets of any size
- Teaches how to Split, merge, watermark, and encrypt PDFs
5.Python Crash Course: 2nd Edition(Eric Matthes)
This book is written by Eric Matthes. It teaches beginners the essentials of Python quickly so that they can build practical programs and develop powerful programming techniques.
- Learn by doing practical projects
- Easy to follow
- Fast-Paced with thorough
Best books on General Programming
1.Code CompleteBook by Steve McConnell
This book is written by Steve McConnell. This book is a must if you are a software developer because it helps you become a better programmer. This book will help you build the highest quality code.
- This book is for professionals
- Help you become a better software developer
- Learn construction planning, coding and debugging, unit testing, and integration testing.
2.Clean Code (by Robert Cecil Martin)
This book is written by Robert Cecil Martin. Even bad code functions, But if code isn’t clean, it can bring a development organization to its knees.
- Learn How to write high-quality clean code
- For intermediate and professional programmers
- This book is language independent
3.The Art of Computer ProgrammingBook by Donald Knuth
This book is written by Donald Knuth. If you want to become the best programmer version of yourself than this book is for you. This book will force you to feel in love with computer programming.
- Learn in-depth about computer programming
- Not for beginners
- Slow-paced with detailed examples for better understanding
4.The Pragmatic Programmer(by Andy Hunt and Dave Thomas)
This book is written by Andy Hunt and Dave Thomas. It covers topics ranging from personal responsibility and career development to architectural techniques for keeping your code flexible and easy to adapt and reuse.
- Learn to write better code
- Bullet-proof your code with contracts, assertions, and exceptions
- This book is language independent
Best Books For Cracking Coding Interviews
1.Cracking the Coding Interview( by Gayle Laakmann McDowell)
This book is written by Gayle Laakmann McDowell. This book covers around 150 important interview questions which are generally asked in coding interviews.
This is a deeply technical book and focuses on the software engineering skills to ace your interview.
- Learn about The Interview Process
- Learn about Special Situations
- Learn about Before the Interview
- Learn about Technical Questions (5 different approaches)
2.Coding Interview Questions(by Narasimha Karumanchi )
This book is written by Narasimha Karumanchi. This book prepares you for Programming puzzles in interviews, Campus Preparation. Degree/Masters Course Preparation.
- This is must buy if you are a college guy preparing for job interview
- Includes technical questions along with answers
- Beginner friendly
3. Programming Interviews Exposed(John Mongan, Eric Giguere, Noah Suojanen)
This book is written by John Mongan, Eric Giguere, Noah Suojanen. The authors take you step-by-step through new problems and complex brainteasers they were asked during recent technical interviews. 50 interview scenarios are presented along with an in-depth analysis of the possible solutions.
- Teach you about Tips for effectively completing the job application
- Learn How to improve your interviewing skills so that you can respond to any question or situation Techniques for solving knowledge-based problems, logic puzzles, and programming problems
4. Elements of Programming Interviews in Java(By Adnan Aziz, Tsung-Hsien Lee, Amit Prakash)
This book is written by Adnan Aziz, Tsung-Hsien Lee, Amit Prakash. This book covers interview questions regarding Java. It also comes for Python or C++.
- The problems are illustrated with 200 figures, 300 tested programs, and 150 additional variants.
- Also covers nontechnical aspects of interviewing, such as strategies for a great interview, common mistakes, perspectives from the other side of the table, tips on negotiating the best offer
Thanks for reading my article on the best programming books. If you find this article helpful share it with your friends, colleagues. And check out my other articles on: 4 Best Ways to Host website for Free or 70+ Important C# Interview Questions And Answers or 10+ Best C and C++ Compilers.